Monday, February 11, 2008

Great week with a crappy ending

 


Hello All,


 


It was a pretty boring week, so I'm sorry that I don't have a lot of juicy stuff to write about.


 


Monday and Tuesday nights I worked on homework non-stop from about 5:30 to 10pm.


 


Jennifer worked Tuesday and Wednesday nights. She received her first paycheck on Wednesday and I took her to open her first bank account on Thursday. She felt very good about herself and was on top of the world. We took pictures of everything, so I can make a scrapbook page; he-he. Her 'on top of the world' feelings did not last to long though. Ray (her boyfriend) broke up with her for unknown reasons. They have been dating since September.


 


Daniel was sick sick sick! He hung on to a cruddy cold and sore throat throughout the week. He stayed home from school on Tuesday and should have stayed home on Wednesday too, but he needed to go. I was fighting off the cold and sore throat myself.


 


Wednesday night (while Jennifer was at work) we did our usual of going out for dinner and going to crochet. I may change the dinner thing though. Jenn is sure that she will be working every Wednesday and doesn't get to go with us, which isn't fair for her.


 


Thursday night after opening Jenn's checking account. I took the kids to eat at a new Panda Express restaurant. We went to the grocery store for a few items and then it was back home, where Daniel finished up an awesome work bench area in his room that he has been working on. I am so proud of him since he has come home. His room has stayed clean, and his laundry done. I never have to tell him to do either. Hopefully that doesn't change. You can probably guess what I did - yes - HOMEWORK. Jennifer was in her room on the phone and Internet.


 


 By Friday night my sore throat was really sore. I laid around the house (doing homework, of course) and later Jimi brought a movie over.


 


Daniel's best friend, Jesse, moved back to Mead earlier in the week. Daniel spent the rest of the weekend hanging out with him.


 


Saturday morning was our Valentines luncheon for sorority. We did something a little different this year. Our chapter was in charge of finding the place, so we chose a Chinese restaurant. Kay was crowned our Queen this year. Jennifer worked from 4pm to 10pm. Sometime Saturday afternoon, my sore throat went away. I never even notice it, until it moved into my head.


 


Sunday morning I felt OK., so we went snowboarding. We stayed until about 1pm. I think I did just OK. Daniel says I did really good, but I don't agree. Jimi says I'm moving along right where I should be. I have no problems going down the mountain at fast speeds, and turning left (on my heel). Nor do I have a problem turning to the right (on my toes). My problem is when I turn right, I can't turn back left again. My only alternative to stay on the run is to stop. Sometimes I get frustrated and think snowboarding isn't for me.  Regardless if I ever get any better, at least I am out there trying and getting some exercise. Daniel and Jimi tried to do a back country run, but the snow was 6 feet high which made the hike to the top of the mtn exhausting. They only went down once and then we headed home. Jimi kept my car so he could change the oil. Daniel and I took his truck and went on home.


Sunday night, Jimi and I were invited to go to a comedy club in Westminster with Bob and Kay (friends of ours). I really wanted to go, but cancelled at the last minute because I was really sick. My entire head was plugged solid. My ears had not even popped yet from coming off the mountain. That evening at home I sat in the hot tub to try to break some of it up. It helped a little.


 


And here we are back to Monday again. The kids are at school, and I am at work. My body must think it's Halloween cuz I appear as a walking zombie. I'm pretty miserable. It hit me on Saturday that I have been sick a lot this winter. I think this is my 3rd time. Past history shows that I get sick about once every 3 years. I'm not sure why I've been so susceptible this year.


This past was week was pretty relaxed for me; I was at home nearly every night with time to do my homework. However, this new week I am totally booked. I'm not sure how I will get it all done.


 


Love Everyone!!


Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment