Monday, April 14, 2008

Good News Week


Hello all,


What a turn this week brought. I have some news as you will read below.


Juraj and Janna arrived safely last Monday afternoon. When Jimi, Jennifer, and Daniel got home from school and I got home from work, we all went out to dinner. Afterward, the kids and I went home so Janna and Juraj could get settled in at Jimi's. At home I worked on Cencorp stuff until bed time. I was feeling particularly overwhelmed and anxious. What I am doing now is nothing more than I have been able to handle in the past. The only differences are how much I HATE my job and that the kids are teenagers now. I decided something had to change or I was going to have some type of breakdown. I couldn't really do anything about the kids, so I decided that until I find a new job, I was going to work less hours by taking time off anytime I needed it (and not worry about it) to ease some stress. The only reason I have not just quit my job is because I am trying to be responsible. I used to get mad at Jim Sullivan for just quiting his jobs and not trying to stick it out until he found another. I don't want to be the "kettle that called the pot black".


Tuesday morning I stayed home until 11:30 and did a lot of Cencorp work. I am beginning to get caught up. The week prior I had applied for a job through a recruiter and they scheduled me for an interview on Wednesday, but he wanted to meet with me first. So I met with him at noon and then went to work. Work was not too bad - I survived it anyhow.

Tuesday night I stayed at home, but honestly I can not remember what I did. I know I didn't do homework, nor did I work on Cencorp stuff. I do remember cleaning the living room and doing laundry. Oh well... I must have been pretty relaxed.


I also took Wednesday morning off of work, because the kids had a late start at school. I worked on Cencorp stuff until 9:45, which is when we left the house and then I went to work. I did all my reports for month end, etc. etc.and then I had to leave work at 2:30 for my interview. My interview was at the company Crocs. I met with two guys. The assistant controller and the Sr reporting analyst. I was interviewing for the Jr reporting analyst, which is not an accounting job but requires accounting experience. The interview went pretty well. By the time I got back to Jimi's house (to pick up the kids), which took about 15 minutes, they had already called the recruiter to set up a second interview. Evidently they thought it went well also. I did not go to crochet that night, rather I stayed home and tried to do homework - but was unsuccessful at it. I couldn't concentrate. I think I ended up just kind of sitting around.


Thursday I worked a full day at work. When I picked the kids up, Jimi told me he was coming over. I said ok, but I have an E.C.C. meeting at my house, which is a representative from each of the five Longmont sorority chapters. We were finalizing the plans for Founder's Day. He said the ladies wouldn't bother him - he's such a sport. The meeting went longer than I was hoping, but we got through it. I did some homework for a while before going to bed.


Friday morning I went to work like normal and worked most of the day. I had to leave at 3pm for my second interview, but did not tell my boss this time. I put it on the company calender and then said "have a nice weekend" on my way out. I know he doesn't really care: all my work was done, I'm paid by the hour, so he is saving money, and he has said in the past that I should never worry about taking time off, as long as the work is done. But I did feel a little guilty about it. My interview this time was with the Controller. It also went well. He had a sense of humor and we seemed to make a connection. He told me I would probably hear something next week. Which I was thinking 'great, I have to go the whole weekend before I know anything". Anyhow, Jimi and Daniel were home (Mead) already by the time I got there. We talked a while about my interview and the company then I changed clothes and sat my behind on the couch for a long night of homework: it was catch-up time. While we were sitting on the couch I kept hearing a vibrating noise and then it would stop. Fifteen minuted later I was hearing it again. It was driving me nuts..and then suddenly...I was my phone in my purse, which was hanging on the staircase banister behind me. I ran for it, but missed the call and had two voice messages. Both messages were from the recruiter wanting me to call him as soon as possible. Of course by now it was later and he was no longer in the office, but he left me his cell number and wanted me to call him back. I did and he told me that Crocs offered me the job.  I couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic. They are going to give me a offer letter in writing on Monday. At that time we will decide when I start and when I will tell Roy (my current boss) that I quit. I am hoping I will like it and do well at Crocs. If so, then I think this will be what I need to turn my attitude around. You can go to their website to see their different styles of shoes. . Jimi and I wanted to celebrate. We thought about going to dinner, but I really needed to stay home and do homework. We thought about going down to the saloon for a quick cocktail, but he had just eaten a bunch of cookies and milk and his tummy was in no shape for alcohol. So, we did nothing. We'll celebrate later.


Saturday was suppose to be all mine. Jennifer was in Longmont. Jimi and Daniel went snowboarding and were not gonna be home until 4pm. Yet, it all changed. Jennifer called me at 9:30 wanting to be picked up, so I did. Then Jimi and Daniel got home at noon. Oh well, I tried to do homework but it was really hard to concentrate. Finally about 3pm Jimi said he was going into Longmont, but Daniel was still at home. He was bored and being annoying. I worked on homework until 5 and surprisingly managed to get it all done. That evening we all went out to dinner to celebrate my new job. Then we watched the movie "300" for an essay I have to write in my Humanities class.


Sunday we fixed the entire North side of the fence. My neighbor Dean came out to help and even paid for half of it. We worked on that from 10am to 2:30pm. Jimi and I rode his motorcycle till 5:30, went back to his house to sit in the hot tub, and then went to the Tap House for a beer with Janna and Juraj. I finally got home around 8:30, but on the way I got Dairy Queen for the kids. I was beat so I did a little Cencorp work and then vegged on the couch.


With my new job, I guess there will be no more doing homework at work, in fact I think I really will have to work now...he-he. I am told that the days are going to fly by because I will be so busy. I am nervous and excited. I remember how excited I was to go to work for Boulder Scientific back in November. I thought things were going to be great. But Jimi says he has a feeling about this job at Crocs. I'm trying to look at it like Boulder Scientific was a stepping stone for me until the job at Crocs came open. This is not a temp to hire job. They are hiring me directly through the recruiter. I'm not sure how much they have to pay the recruiter for finding me, but we are thinking it must be at least a $1000. I do  not have the low down on benefits yet, but I also think we will have insurance beginning May 1st. You don't know what a relief this is for me.


Anyhow, I only have four weeks of school left this semester. I am really struggling in one of my classes and have to decide by next Monday if I am going to drop it or not.

After talking to my mother and sister, I have decided to walk at the commencement for the degree I earned last August. It will be held May 14th at 7pm. It sucks that it is a Wednesday night.


Next week I will give you more details on my job and school.


Love Everybody,


No comments:

Post a Comment