Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Weekly News


Hello Everybody,


 


This past week was a good one. We put closure to some things, embarked on a new adventure, and began new projects.


 


I spent a good deal of my week working for Cencorp and scrapboooking. Jimi spent much of his week in school and working on school homework, as well as working on the chopper in the garage. I also spent a couple of evenings taking Molly and Razor to Mead to meet their new mom and introduce them to her dog. The first night was quite the scene. My dogs were confused that someone else was in their house. Jennifer's dog was not happy because of her protective mother instinct over her puppies. The second visit was much calmer.


 


I took a long lunch on Thursday to help Tom get the rest of the things out of the Cencorp building, and Jimi helped too. Tom cooked us some very tasty steaks for lunch. It's sad really; the closing of the Longmont Cencorp building. Jimi worked there for ten years and I worked there for eight. It was home away from home for us and like having another family. The company was good to us and with out it we would not be where we are today. Regardless of the closure, we still have our memories: most of which are good. In addition, we have a little piece of it in our home, as I still do part time work for them at home.


 


Friday morning I decided I needed the afternoon off the recoup my brain. I have been so busy that the house work had gone to pot. It was bothering me so much that I could not concentrate at work. I am not a clean freak, but I do like things picked up and looking nice. I went home at noon and cleaned for almost two hours, and then I worked on scrap booking. When Jimi got home from school we went to Cencorp, where he helped me gather and dispose of all the left over trash, vacuum, and sweep the entire building. Afterwards we went home, watched a movie, and then went to bed.


 


I spent Saturday morning moping the entire building at Cencorp, came home for lunch and scrap booked for a while before going back to Cencorp to wax the floors. Jimi and I went to Johnny Carinos for dinner and then back home where we vegged watching another movie.


 


Since we got the floors at Cencorp done much quicker than expected, we decided to get one final hike in before the season ended. We climbed two 14,000 foot mountains on Sunday. I was absolutely exhausted. Of course, Jimi never complains; however, I do in my head, and with what little verbal noise I do make, I sometimes like feel that is too much. It took us seven hours of climbing plus four hours of driving. The only times we stopped moving was when at the top of each mountain and another time when we had to take off our socks and shoes to remove the snow and ring our socks dry. There was more snow than I had expected, although I really didn't know what to expect since I have never hiked this time of year. The trails on the North face of the mountains were snowy and icy. Going up was not so bad, but in places, coming down was quite hairy. Jimi finally decided that we needed to get off the icy beaten path and conquer the untouched powder heading straight down rather than the vertical path the trail takes. We trenched through the deep snow, which at times was up to my thighs, but mostly just to my knee caps. In any case, during the journey I was miserable. Looking back though, I decided it was a good experience and not so bad after all.  


 


Other things this week: Jimi finished a sailing book he had been reading. I began reading a book titled "The Power of Now". My new laptop is awesome: it has more space on it than I know what to do with. We are actively planning our Thanksgiving trip to Illinois and Michigan and excited about visiting friends, Darnell and Matt & Alisha, and family, Dad and Jeff & Karen.


 


I forgot to mention in last weeks email that Jimi has confiscated the Karaoke machine. It now resides in the living room for easy access. We have sung together a little, but mostly Jimi sings, and I watch and/or listen to him. We do not have a good variety of music, so he is going to get some for us. I will sing more then.


 


And that's it for last week. Hope all is well with you. Talk to you soon.


 


Love Everybody,


Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment