Friday, May 22, 2009

A Very Busy Week

Hello Friends and Family,
 
I decided to add half of this week to the update rather than sending it out last Monday. We are leaving for the West coast tomorrow; therefore, I will not write again until June 1st.
 
Whoa, as you will soon read, we did a lot this past week and a half. I don't know why we stay so busy; always having so many things to do. For me, I think I feel like if I do not do things then I accomplish nothing leaving me with nothing to show for the week.
 
Jimi finished ALL his classes with an overall gpa of 4.0 and degrees in Print and Presentation and Web Media. Monday, the 11th, he took me to a video expo at the Westminster Campus. It was really neat to see the students work and the diversity. You can check out some of his work (beyond photography) at www.jnicolaus.com.
 
Jimi sold one of his motorcycles within a few days of listing it last week and sold the other one this week. That was a huge weight off his shoulders. He bought all the supplies for the roof, which are now being stored where the bikes used to sit. And he build a contraption to haul supplies up to the rook of the house. He will begin working on the roof of the house as soon as we return.
 
I worked extra long days at Crocs last week, so I could have last Friday off. I cleaned a lot of things out of the garage in Mead, as well the shed and back yard. There is an abundance of work to be done out there. It's very overwhelming, but if I can do a little at a time I think I can overcome it. I still do not have the house rented, but Jimi made a sign, which I put up in the front yard and have received a few calls on.
 
An old friend of mine let me borrow his camcorder and I finished recording all my 8mm home movies to DVD. It's a great relief to get that done. I pulled all the weeds in the garden in front of Jimi's house, plowed the dirt, and added new soil getting it ready to plant. Jimi ordered some bulbs, which I planted yesterday. We still have more bulbs to plant, and when we return I will make some garden areas to plant them.
 
We made a point to take Miller for walks often last week. I think we got in about four walks. We watched the movie Sunset Blvd from the 1940s. It's a genre of film noir or dark film popular in the 40's and 50's. Pretty good. We also rented and watched the movie Ghost. Wow, we had not seen that movie in a very long time.
 
Friday night we went to the ArtLink on Main Street in Longmont. It was nice to get out and see the various types of art, which included painters, potters, musicians, tattoo artists, dancers, and more. We walked for a couple of hours and afterwards sat in the back yard around the fire pit.
 
Sunday we participated in an event called Frank's Ride. It is a benefit for the Make A Wish Foundation. We rode the motorcycle following a prepared map stopping for a beverage every once in a while and at each stop we also drew a poker card. The best poker hand in the end won a prize or something. At the end there was free beer and lunch for us. It was a great day and very beneficial. There were over 1,000 motorcycles there and dozens of cars. It was really cool.
 
My girlfriends from work organized a surprise after work dinner and drinks party for my birthday. We had lots of fun. There are 5 of us in my little group of girlfriends from work. My daughter, Jennifer and Jimi hung with us. Time passed quickly and before we knew it, the clock read 10:30pm. They also took me to lunch on Thursday. They are soooo awesome.
 
We leave tomorrow, the 23rd for the West coast, where we will scope out the best possibilities for our move next year. We plan to be home on the 31st and I will send you an email telling you all about it.
 
Hope all is well with you.
Love Everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment