Monday, May 4, 2009

BIRTHDAY GIRL

Hello all,
 
With one week of school left, Jimi is finishing up his classes. At that time, he will then be a college graduate and I am very proud of him. He is really busy with things right now and in fact even when his classes are finished next week, our entire month of May is preplanned and pretty booked.
 
Monday night I played pool again at the Moose lodge. I played in my first pool tournament. I did not win, but am learning a lot and did well. Actually, I don't expect to win ever, but it's fun.
 
I am excited that I have finally been able to transfer my home movies from VHS to DVD. The process was time consuming, but well worth it. My next challenge is to transfer my Hi8 tapes to VHS. Unfortunately, the only way to do this is with a camcorder that takes the Hi8 tapes. I gave mine to Daniel and he lost it. However, I am determined to accomplish this task.
 
Saturday, May 2nd was Jennifer's 18th birthday. Jimi and I took her to Red Lobster for her birthday dinner on Friday night. This is something I have done with both my children since they were old enough to eat restaurant food. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNIFER!!! After dinner we met a couple in Mead, who are interested in renting my house beginning June 1st. This is good news for me except that I have not heard back from them as of yet.
 
I had to work at Crocs Saturday morning, but the systems were down. I surfed the Internet for two hours before finally going home. My family came out for the weekend: mom, dad, Marie (my sister), Lyle (my bro-in-law), and Brittany (my great niece). Marie and Lyle took my dining room set back to Nebraska. Saturday night we had a surprise birthday party for Jennifer. Our family, some of my friends, and a few of her friends met at Old Chicago's for dinner and drinks with birthday balloons and birthday cake. it was fun. Afterwards Jennifer went to the dance club in Denver with a group of girls I work with. They had fun.
 
My family left on Sunday and it was back to normal.We stayed around the house not doing much.
 
I finished up some of my Ebay auctions this past week. I won't have anything in bulk until next fall now; however, may come up with odds and ends from time to time.
 
I have decided that I will not go back to college for my business degree. While I only need a few classes, they are not classes I want to take. I want to take writing and journalism classes. So, for now I have not decided what I will do. I may take one class over the summer, or I may wait until fall. I'll decide when we get back from California. 
 
I'd say our week was busy compared to what it has been lately. It was nice and I miss it.I am hoping that once Jimi is through with his classes, we can begin making our weekends fun again. That's all for now.


Love Everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment