Monday, January 11, 2010

Jimi's new camera

Hello everyone,

We've had a nice start to the new year. Jimi is especially happy, since he made the decision to purchase the new 7D camera from Canon. He now has to sell his previous model to help pay for the new one. He's very pleased with his purchase and as you can probably guess, he's been taking a lot of pictures. Most are just test shots to help him learn the new features; however, the picture attached, is his first serious shot from the new camera. We drove just above Boulder on Saturday about sunset to take this long exposure. It turned out really good. He will enter this one in a challenge.


Jennifer got her car registered and insured this past week. She's been driving all week and all is well. She started her final semester of high school this past week too. She has a full schedule, which includes off campus classes to get her CNA; a step toward her nursing career.
I have a multitude of projects on my plate. I added a video section to our blog website with homemade videos ranging from two minutes to forty minutes. For friends, they may be a bit boring; however, for family, they could be fun to watch. The home movies include Family Christmas 2006, Family Christmas 2007, Jennifer and Lorie's Washington DC Vacation in 2007, Our West coast trip in 2009, and a small snowboarding clip from both 2007 and 2008. Take a peak: www.dogbonegraphics.com/blog.
I have also been taking self teaching drawing classes and calligraphy classes spending about 1 to 2 hours each day practicing and studying. As time goes on, I will probably add a section to the blog with my work. I'm also working on making a quilt and have about three other craft projects I'm doing. Keeping busy for sure.

Jennifer, Jimi, and I went to dinner on Thursday at Carinos. Friday night Jennifer and I went to visit my girlfriend, Tammy in Mead. We then went to dinner with her and her family.

Surprisingly, I had two showings on my house this weekend. I am seriously considering listing the home with a Realtor and letting them handle the marketing, showings, etc. Jimi and I plan to meet with several this week to get opinions and perspectives. I will keep you posted.

That's about it. Things are well and life is good.
Love everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment