Monday, May 17, 2010

Hooray for Matt!!

Dear Friends and Family,

I was swamped yesterday with work from both Crocs and Cencorp, which is why my email this week is late. Sometimes life just happens! :-)

The beginning of last week seemed to drag as I was excited for Jimi to come home. His flight was delayed an hour due to storms, but FINALLY I was able to pick him up. The smiles on our faces stretched from ear to ear and it wasn't long before our faces hurt. Lol!

I helped Jennifer study for her finals and Thursday evening Tammy and I went to a Bridal Showcase class in Westminster for ideas on making wedding invitations.

Crocs closed the corporate office doors on Friday having all employees report to the Parks and Rec Division in Boulder at 9am. Nearly 300  people volunteered by painting city park benches, picking up trash, pulling weeds and anything else we could find to do. At noon we walked over to the new store on Pearl Street to get a first hand peak (tour) before it's opening. Crocs had a delicious lunch catered for everyone and then sent all employees home for the rest of the day with pay. The new store is really awesome - it is three stories tall filled with shoes galore.

Finally on Friday night Jimi and I were able to spend some time together. We went to the Moose Lodge and played several games of pool; however, I was off again Saturday morning. Melody and I went to a card making class in Denver. We got some really neat ideas and enjoyed it very much.

Sunday morning Jimi and I went to Denver and waited at the sideline of mile marker 21 of a 26.2 mile marathon hoping to see and cheer Matt on as he ran by, but we never saw him, so we headed to the finish line to wait for him there. Matt did an incredible job finishing a 26.2 mile marathon in about six hours. We are so proud of him!

Matt and Jimi had their toes in the Gulf, the Caribbean, the Atlantic, and the swamp ~ all with in a few days. Jimi took some pictures and video footage of the Okefenokee Swamp. Here is the video: Okefenokee Swamp It seems pretty scary to be floating around in a little fishing boat surrounded by alligators. Jimi said he will take me there when we go to Florida. Exciting!

And I think it is official - I think we will be moving to Florida rather than California when the time comes. The water is calmer, warmer, and absolutely beautiful in the Gulf. We are looking around the Tampa ~ Fort Meyers area.

That's all for now.
Love Everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment