Tuesday, November 30, 2010

So very Thankful......

Dear Friends and Family,

I was super busy last Monday trying to get ahead at work for my 3 1/2 days off. Jimi took my car to get a front end alignment done, but turns out the front tires were showing metal on the inside. We are so glad we caught that. Jimi says it could have been bad for us on the road trip. Anyhow, we got two new tires for the front.

We headed out Tuesday afternoon for Nebraska, spent the evening and night with my sister and parents. We had an incredible time looking through old photo albums and recalling our childhood memories. A great way to begin the Thanksgiving Holiday.

We drove all day on Wednesday; except........ just twenty minutes after heading out, we got a flat tire and had to put two more tires on the car. But, at least now we were secure with four new tires. We also met up with the lady that bought Jimi's espresso machine on I-80 to hand it over. Then we drove all day arriving at Jeff and Karen's house around 10pm.

My parents had to go to Michigan to pick up my two nieces, so we (Jeff) invited them to swing a little North to eat a very thankful turkey dinner with us. They did and we also talked them in to staying the night rather than driving all night. It was a wonderful day bringing the two families together. We had a total of 14 people in Jeff's house. We ate and visited and played a lot of the Wii. Jimi and I were so thankful for all of it.

Present were:

Jeff and Karen (Jimi's brother and his wife)

Tracy, Tom, and Tommy Jr (Jimi's niece, her husband, and the baby)

Robert and Michelle (Jimi's nephew and fiance)

Kathy (Michelle's mother)

Mom and Dad

Marie (my sister)

Jacque Sue and Brittany (my niece and great niece)

Jimi and I




Mom, Dad, Marie, Jacque Sue, and Brittany left Friday morning. Karen, Tracy and I went shopping and got manicures and pedicures.

Saturday we went to Robert and Michelle's wedding. It was a beautiful wedding.





Jimi and I left early Sunday morning. I flew to McAllen from the Chicago airport and Jimi drove straight home, stopping briefly at his mother's grave in Peoria.

It was a whirl wind of a week. I have attached some pictures for you. As you may imagine, between Jeff, Jimi and I we took bunches. Unfortunately. the only one I have with me, are the ones Jeff took. My and Jimi's pictures are on our cameras at home.

That's all for now.

Love Everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

and

Congratulations to Robert and Michelle!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment