Sunday, March 6, 2011

It's been two weeks

Dear Friends and Family,

It's been two weeks since we've written and we have actually done a few things.

We have had about seven showings over the last two weeks. This is a really good sign. The market and interest level has certainly picked up. We are so anxious about moving on, Jimi is considering lowering the price on the house again. We'll not be too hasty though.

We had dinner with friends Jason and Vicki a week and a half ago. After dinner, Jimi and I stayed to play several hours of pool. We both did quite well and had a really great time.

We continue long walks anywhere from a short mile to four or five. The weather here has been really nice, therefore, we take advantage of being outdoors as much as possible.

I began painting again. Something I haven't done since before Thanksgiving. I have painted five canvases: giving away three. I get discouraged sometimes when something doesn't turn out well enough.

I sold my first order of custom cards making $22 and received another order worth $30. I have cards placed in one coffee shop in Longmont selling for $3 each and the potential of another coffee shop. I mailed out 24 samples to 12 businesses in the area today hoping to get my product out there and generate more orders. If you know anyone who may be interested in custom greeting cards of all occasions, please give them my email address and/or phone number. cardsbylorie@gmail.com 303.351.2324. Currently I have 20+ different designs. I can supply pictures of these and send samples to potential clients. Business is good and I am excited to grow it.

Jimi picked up a free gym set off Craig's List. He set it up in the basement and uses it quite often. It's a pretty nice set with nearly a dozen different exercises with weights.

Now that we have dental insurance again, we both had dental appointments and we both had a couple of cavities. My experience did not go well and I have vowed to never have a cavity again. Lol

Jimi and I have spent the last two Saturdays in the mountains snow shoeing. It was awesome. The mountains are so beautiful and we will miss them when we leave. In places, the snow was six feet deep and in some places it was soft enough that Jimi would break through past his knees. We walked on frozen lakes, investigated beaver damns, followed rabbit foot prints, and more. It's so peaceful up there. I have attached some pictures for you. The snow was so soft on our way back to the truck that we decided to take the road. However, this idea wasn't any better. The winds were blowing 60 mph and I could not even stay standing let alone walk up the road. I stayed behind hunkered down in some trees on the side of the road while Jimi fought the winds to get to the truck and come get me. That was not so peaceful!





Last Wednesday I served on my first jury. It was a very interesting experience. There were six of us chosen and I was convinced it was an open/shut case. In fact, five of the six of us felt that way. But one member of the jury disagreed and we deliberated for more than five hours. I didn't get home until after 10pm that night. Anyhow, it is an experience everyone should have. I would do it again in a moments notice.

Jennifer and I went to dinner Thursday night; we had a nice time. She seems to be doing well. She likes her job and the people she works with, as well as the place she is living. She is still struggling with how she is going to get transportation.

Jimi took me to dinner on Saturday night, which was a nice surprise. With good food and good company, we had a great evening.

Sunday I joined my old sorority group to paint bowls for a local annual fund raiser called Empty Bowls. It's a great project and we had a great time. I've attached a picture for you.



Jimi will be home alone these next two weeks while I am in Texas on business. I don't expect anything on interest to happen to either one of us during this time, but maybe Jimi will sell the house while I am away. Keep your fingers crossed.

Happy March to all!

Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment