Tuesday, November 3, 2015

R.A.T. Days 99 - 105: Stationary in Stamford

Taking advantage of this year's hurricane season to rediscover America. We're calling it the R.A.T. (Rediscover America Tour). While Sanibel sits on dry dock at Safe Cove boatyard in Port Charlotte, Florida, Jimi and I will be traveling 49 of the 50 U.S. States. Along the way we're going to recapture what America's made of, visiting out-of-the-way and well -known places, reconnecting with friends and family and much more.



Day 99 - October 27th. We said our goodbyes in Longmont and then spent a couple of hours in Boulder, CO with my co-worker and friend of fifteen years, Tom and his wife Linda. They served us appetizers and wine while we enjoyed catching up in wonderful conversation. Soon after, we were off to Greely, CO to have dinner with my long-long time girlfriend, Brenda and her husband James. Thank you for the home cooked meal, thermos of fresh coffee and Halloween candy.
After dinner Jimi drove all night to get us to Stamford, Nebraska.

Total miles driven: 15,671
We were introduced to the new puppy, Bentley.

Brenda gave me a selfie stick and I'm so excited to use it. The down side is my phone (Windows Nokia) doesn't have a forward facing camera. :-(



Day 100 - October 28th. We arrived at my parent's house at 4am. After sleeping several hours we were greeted with hugs and more hugs. It's good to be home.


Total miles driven: 15,972
Taken about 1am.


Day 101 - October 29th. We met up with my daughter, Jennifer and grand-puppies, Charlee and Remi.


Total miles driven: 15,972




Day 102 - October 30th. Jimi is in his happy place working on projects in the garage.


Total miles driven: 15,972



Day 103 - October 31st. Happy Halloween. We were surprised when my cousin, Lee and his wife Chris stopped by in their semi-truck.


Total miles driven: 15,972




Day 104 - November 1st. Jimi worked on the LTD and I went through boxes from our storage.


Total miles driven: 15,972



Day 105 - November 2nd. Just another lazy day in Stamford. Two of the cats are taking it easy.


Total miles driven: 15,972
Meet Ollie on top of the table and Sammie underneath the table.


A week in Stamford and my back isn't getting any better. I can stand, walk and lay down, but sitting causes extreme pain. I finally went to the Chiropractor and have a plan of attack. Going forward, i am sad to report that I will not be able to continue the R.A.T. I will remain here while Jimi continues without me. He'll make his way back to Florida, prepare Sanibel, launch her and make arrangements for us to reunite. it's not an ideal plan, but a necessary one. I will continue to post to the blog with communication from Jimi as best I can.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great vist...always good to see all of you..I hope you get better and can be back with Jimmy..thank you for having us...take care stay in touch....hugs

    ReplyDelete