Sunday, April 27, 2008

Good -n- Busy

 


Hello All,


 


Well, I started my new job at Crocs last Monday. The week went very well. I see light at the end of the tunnel that I may actually enjoy it and be capable of doing a good job there. The only issue I foresee at this point is I will certainly be putting in more than 40 hours a week, which I am not too happy about. But, it's a paycheck and medical insurance. Medical insurance will kick in on July 1st for us. And according to my mortage broker, I can now refinance my house. This is great news! We will start that process in a couple of weeks.


 


Monday night I worked on Cencorp stuff. I decided not to drop my Math class. I have a 70% right now, so if I can get at least a 70 on my next test and on the final exam, I will be fine.


 


Tuesday night, Daniel and I built the addition to the deck in the back yard. I should have been doing homework, but I was excited about having the lumber and wanted to get the deck built. It looks great. I'll send pictures when I get a chance. And the guy who bought the washer and dryer came over to pick them up.


 


Wednesday night I went to crochet and tried to do a little bit of homework, but was unsuccessful. Daniel built the stairs to the addition on the deck while I was at crochet. Tammy Reasoner came to blows with Mike and was at my house when I got home. She brought margaritas over and stayed until 11pm. I was exhausted.


 


Thursday night was our Founder's Day for Sorority. The evening was fun. We honored Miia as our Girl of the Year. I was beat by the time I got home though.


 


By Friday, my house was a disaster and I had loads of homework to do. I tried to clean house and do laundry, as well as complete some homework. But, I had hurt my back earlier in the week and had a hard time doing anything. Jimi and Daniel rode rest of the way down the river on their raft and I picked them up at I25. We laid around rest of the night.


 


Saturday morning we did our usual. We went for coffee and then cooked breakfast. Around noon Jimi, Daniel, and I helped Tammy Reasoner and her boyfriend, Greg, move out of Mike's house. Except that Jimi forbid to let me help because of my back. I helped a little when he wasn't looking, but I also got caught and he then made me follow him around so I wouldn't lift anything. I thought it was kind of cute. Mike and Tammy's divorce is getting pretty nasty. It was 4:30 before we were done and again, I tried to do homework, but never did complete any. Jimi and I watched a Johnny Cash Video, which was about 3 hours long. We basically laid around rest of the day. Daniel stayed the night at Jesse's house and Jennifer hung out with one of her friends for a while.


 


Sunday, Jimi worked on his yard and I finally completed a good amount of homework. I cleaned Cencorp and went home to do more homework.


 


I registered for my summer and fall classes this week. Even though I really wanted to get this set of classes done by December, which would mean taking 4 classes each semester like I am doing now, I have decided to lighten my load. I think I could do it, if it were my only priority, but it isn't like it used to be; we have too many weekend activities. Anyhow, I signed up for 3 classes this summer. They are all on-line: I will be taking Macroeconomics, Sociology, and the next level of Math.


 


 Jimi paid for our plane tickets, hotel and rental car for Hawaii. I don't think it has set in with us yet, as he was the only one really excited about it. He's been on the internet all weekend making plans, etc. for our trip. It's cute. We leave Denver on Monday August 12th, and return home on Tuesday, August 19th.


 


I am beginning to prepare for our annual memorial day barbeque. This will be our 4th year doing it.


 


My back still hurts. It's not the spine, but just muscles. It felt better earlier today, but is beginning to ache now. Anyhow, time to get ready for the work week. It's going to be a busy one. Talk to you later.


 


Love Everyone,


Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment