Friday, May 9, 2008

Daniel is driving

Hello Everyone,


 


A few things to report this week.


 


Work is going well. I am still in training and just received a computer, desk, and phone on Thursday. But, there wasn't any software loaded on the computer.. Funny huh? So, I am sitting with my boss/peer for training, which can make the days long.


 


Daniel had court on Wednesday and that went very well. The judge sees no problem with Daniel being released from probation in a month or so. Daniel also got his driving permit on Thursday. He drove home from Longmont on Thursday and did an exceptional job. He also drove several other times on Saturday and Sunday.


 


Jennifer's birthday was Friday. We took her to Red Lobster Friday evening. Thursday evening her ex-boyfriend & his family took her to dinner and gave her lots of presents. Jennifer spent her birthday money on hair extensions. Her hair is down to her waist now. It's cute, but was expensive.


 


I was suppose to do yard work over the weekend, but that all changed. First, the power rake we had reserved broke and second my realator does not think my house will appraise for the amount I need to refinance. Jimi wants me to do everything possible to increase the value and order the appraisal anyhow. So, at his suggestion we finished the downstairs bathroom - well mostly. Daniel and Jimi actually did it all. They would not let me help because I had mounds of final homework assignments due on Sunday. They finished the framing and put up the drywall. It is not mudded yet, the tile is not up around the tub, and the floor is not done. I am going to do the floor this week and try to do the tile around the tub later while Jimi is in Chicago. I am hoping that what we got done will be enough to consider the 2nd bathroom in the appraisal.


Maybe this weekend I can get to the yard work. Jimi leaves for a couple of weeks next weekend. He is going to Chicago and Michigan to visit his brother and father.


 


Saturday night we went to the Longmont Moose Lodge with Tammy and Greg. They had an annual Gong Show fund raiser. We ate pizza, drank, and played poker pool. We had a great time. Tammy's boyfriend is a cool guy. Did I tell you that he lives accross the street with Travis? Anyhow, Mike has been seeing a girl for a while now, Rosemary. Rumor has it that they have been secretely seeing each other since last summer. Anyhow, moving on now.


 


My classes are coming to an end. I finished all my final assignments throughout this past week. I have a couple of new assignments due this week and three finals to take this week and then I will be all done for the semester.


 


We are having a yard sale soon, so I am gathering things and getting ready for that as well. Also, our memorial day bar-b-q is coming up.


 


I will not be walking in the commencement on May 14th. I filled all my paperwork out, but forgot to turn it in by the deadline.


 


I started the process to get my house refinanced. Pray for me that everything goes smoothly. It will drop my monthly expenses about $500 per month + an additional $1,000 a year, for property taxes. Everything is a go and looks good for refinancing except, as I mentioned earlier, the appraisal. I really need this.


 


I better go now, I am tired, it's late and I have to study, but first Daniel and I are going to sit in the hot tub. :-)


 


Love Everyone,


Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment