Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Prayers for Jenn

Dear Friends and Family,

Hello, hello to all. I've had a great week, as well as Jimi, but going on three weeks away from home is a little long. I am home sick and Jimi is Lorie sick. Ha-ha.

I'm learning lots with the new system at work and Jimi is doing well at his new job. After just one week, he has been given the opportunity to pick up extra shifts and first choice of what nights he wants to work. He chose Thursday, Friday, Sunday, and Monday. Furthermore, the man he is working for is an expert sailor for the type of sailing we will be doing. That's so awesome for us. Jimi will be getting a lot of info and advise from him.

Last Friday night, Jimi went to Denver to begin another time lapse photography project. He was able to get some shots, however, it was quite cold and after 2 1/2 hours he called it a night and went over to Brad's house for rest of the evening.

I spent the weekend in San Antonio visiting life long friends, whom I consider family. I took pictures, but did not bring my card reader with me, so I will have to send them later. Judy, Gary and I stayed up late talking and catching up. Saturday, I tagged along with Judy and Phillip to a friend's birthday party. I visited with Dick, Sally, Cathy, Kyla, and James for a while until Judy and Gary treated me to sushi just as we used to get in Japan. Phillip and Katy joined us and it was a wonderful dinner. I received a real special treat when Bill, who drives a semi cross country was able to stop in to see me too. Of the four kids in the Goetzke family, Bill and I are the same age and have always been close - like brother and sister. Judy and I wrapped up our visit Sunday morning and then I was off back to McAllen.

I received a phone call from Jennifer on Saturday. She's slipped back in to the "I hate it and want to come home" stage. I feel as though coming home for the Christmas break was hard on her. Please pray for her. The last time I sent the pray chain out, her attitude changed quickly. Time is critical now and we need extra prayers for her to make it.

Well that's all for now. Love, hugs, kisses, and prayers to all.

Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment