Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Easter!!

Dear Friends and Family,

Holy cow - a lot has happened in the past three weeks and I kick myself for not writing sooner.

Tracy (Jimi's niece) had a birthday on April 5th. Happy Birthday Tracy!!

I spent April 7th through the 15th working in Texas, During my weekend there, I drove to San Antonio to visit long time friends; I had a wonderful afternoon with my best friend from high school Judy and lunch with Judy and her husband, Gary. Then I spent the evening with Sylvia (Judy's brother's wife) enjoying the San Antonio Riverwalk.

While I was out of town, Jimi laid new carpet and walnut hard wood flooring in the back porch. It was much needed and looks great.

I received another order for 24 greeting cards at a coffee shop here in Longmont. I continue to make cards and send out samples.

Jennifer's boyfriend, who lives in Chicago arrived on Friday for a 2+ week visit. We had them over for dinner and enjoyed a nice visit Saturday. We will spend more time with then while he is here. The plan is he will try to transfer his National Guard duty station to Longmont or Jennifer will move to Chicago.

Two weeks ago we received news that Jeff (Jimi's brother) collapsed at work and was taken to the hospital. With in a week of the incident, Jeff was on the operating table having open heart surgery. One of the valves in his heart had to be replaced. There were some complications a day after the surgery, but he seems to be doing well now and should be coming home in a few days.

Jimi and I went to the Pawnee Grasslands to camp overnight. We usually sleep in the back of the truck, but this trip we took the car and Jimi talked me in to sleeping on the ground. It was cold, but I got through it. The smell of the campfire made it all worthwhile. We roasted turkey brats and corn on the cob for supper and scrambled eggs on the fire for breakfast the next morning.  Lol

We watched the "Roots" series and began "Gone With The Wind".

Now for the big news - Jimi signed a contract with buyers on his house today; and we are on the fast track. The buyers want to close and take possession by May 20th. We have a lot to do in less than four weeks. This is an exciting time, as we finally move forward.

I will make an effort to write more often to keep you updated.

Happy Easter!

Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment