Monday, September 22, 2008

A little more


 


Hello Everyone,


I have been at Jimi's house for two weeks now and things are going well. This week had a little more variety than last week.


 


A very important piece of information I forgot to update you on in last week's email is about MollyCat's adjustment to moving. She's lived in the same house for the past 10 1/2 years, and we were worried about her moving to Longmont. The first couple of days she buried herself in the basement and was not interested in coming out. On about the third day she began venturing upstairs. She would hang out with us in the living room and even began her nightly ritual of sleeping with me. She still is not allowed outside, but she has made herself at home going to any room in the house that she desires and seems very content.


 


The stress I was feeling of moving and cleaning the Mead house came to a halt when Jennfier (my tenant) agreed to clean the Mead house for me in exchange for my reducing a portion of the September rent; a weight had been lifted. With everything unpacked and organized in my new home and not having to go back out to Mead to clean, I was done. So, I went shopping. I bought new curtains for the bedroom and upon bringing home paint samples, Jimi and I picked out new colors for the bathroom, which we will begin working on in the next month or so. 


 


I started training on new payroll software with ADP for Cencorp, and my new laptop arrived. Jimi decided to sell the backup vehicle he bought for us and listed it on Craig's list. I am still trying to sell off various pieces of furniture, etc.


 


Some fun things we did this past week are we rode the motorcycle to Loveland to visit with our friend Spartak and had dinner with him. We met with our friend Keith after work for drinks and ended up staying until the brewery closed. Keith went home, while Jimi and I went to Perkins for a late night snack. On Sunday we took the dogs to the mountains for a hike. We started out bushwhacking it, which about kicked my butt. Once we found the trail and decided to stay on it, I was fine with the hike. That evening we ordered pizza and watched a movie.


 


Friday evening I went to dinner and a movie with some friends from work. We saw the movie "The Women". It was an OK movie. Probably not something I would go see again, but worth seeing once. An interesting thing about the movie is that there are no males in it; not even in the background as extras. If you ever see the movie, be sure to keep an eye out.


 


I helped Jennifer (my tenant) move on Saturday. Of the furniture and things I left behind, she will decide what she wants to use and doesn't want to use. I still have things I am trying to sell. It's starting to hit me and I am beginning to feel as though I have nothing left. Feeling somewhat sorry for myself as I tend to do from time to time, I had a few depressing nights this past week. I felt alone, as I have lost my children, my home, most of my belongings, and my dogs. I have some worthless pieces of furniture, my cat, and my car left; however, after returning back to reality, I realize that this only makes me a free spirit without baggage to hold me down. And of course I do have Jimi, who is my rock. He is always around supporting me with a steady beat of emotion.


 


I spoke with my daughter, Jennifer, several times this past week. She hates it there. She has realized that her father has not changed and the grass is not greener on the other side of the fence. However, she can not come back, so she just has to stick it out and make the best of it. She says Daniel still likes it there, but is also experiencing some issues with their father and wife to be. She says Daniel sticks up for her a lot. Daniel called me over the weekend too. He is working at a local motorcycle shop, but hoping to get hired on at Home Depot.


 


Well that's it for now.


 


Love Everybody,


Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment