Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas is Coming!

Family and Friends,

Hello Everyone. This week we concentrated on getting back on schedule from our fantastic trip and getting into the Christmas spirit.

Jimi headed back to school each day he was scheduled and spent a large portion of the week preparing for final assignments. As of tomorrow, he has just one week of school left in this semester.

T
uesday evening we set up and decorated the Christmas tree. I spent many evenings wrapping presents and on Saturday we did some final Christmas shopping. I am done buying and wrapping with the exception of one or two last minute things that may come up. I have some homemade projects I am trying finish up still as well. I will continue to work on those.

Sunday we put Christmas lights up on the outside of the house, a wreath, and some candles in the windows. I tried to take a picture to send you, but because of the darkness it comes out blurry, and my camera will not adjust to take a long exposure picture. In any case, here is a picture of our Christmas tree in the living room.

I finally closed on refinancing my house in Mead on Friday morning. I didn't believe it would ever happen, but it did; although, I won't breathe freely until the loan funds… just because of all the hassles we have gone through. I was fortunate to get a 5.5% interest rate.

We had a blast at the mall on Saturday. We planted the fart machine in a flower planter and sat on a bench across the way. When unsuspecting people walked by or stopped there, Jimi would push the remote button. I know it may sound childish, but it is harmless, cheap entertainment. Most of the time passer buyers would not react to the grotesque noise. Other times they would glance over at the person next to them. Sometimes one person would begin laughing, but keep walking; however, the best was a little girl who was standing there with her parents. When she heard the noise, she walked over by her father and hit him on the butt and then she bent over and began pointing to her own butt. Her mother just ignored her as she was trying the put a coat on another child. It was all Jimi and I could do to stay in our seats we were laughing so hard.

Not much else happened here this week. We were pretty focused: Jimi on school and I on Christmas. I suspect this week will be much of the same.

Hope all is well and you have a wonderful week.

Love everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment