Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All Work and No Play

Dear Friends and Family,
 
A lot has happened this week, at least for me. I have made some decisions and major changes regarding my house. Jimi and I feel the deal I am offering to sell my house is quite generous; however, I'm not getting the response I had hoped for. We are convinced it is simply a lack of advertising. To weigh my options, we met with a realtor to discuss the option of listing the property with him and we also met with another to gather information on her 'sell by owner program'. After listening to both realtors and weighing the options, I decided to continue to sell the home on my own; however, pay for professional advertising. Jimi will need to take pictures of all aspects of the house, but before doing so, we did a walk through and listed various minor repairs that needed to be done; the list ended up being nearly two pages long. I ordered 15 ton of dirt, which Jimi and Matt shoveled, moved, and leveled. I also ordered 8 ton of rock, which Jimi and Matt shoveled and hauled, while Tracy and I leveled in three different areas on the property. Some of the additional repairs were mounting gutteers, spot painting, power washing, painting bedrooms, raking, tearing down Daniel's fort, and the list goes on. The repairs are almost complete and the house is shaping up nicely. It's a work in progress.
 
I am still increasingly busy at Crocs. I find myself working longer and longer hours each day. My work load for Cencorp has also increased and my school work is suffering. I have not worked on any of it in over a week. I will be glad when the repairs on my house are finished - actually I'll be glad when it finally sells.
 
That was seriously my week!
 
Matt, Tracy, Jimi and I went for Thai and Sushi Saturday night. Yum Yum Good food there.
 
Jimi and I ordered new Crocs and they came in - love them! They are like the mammoths, only the lining is checkered. Jimi ordered black ones with red and black checkered lining. He wears them as house slippers. I ordered pink ones with pink and grey checkered lining. I wear them everywhere. You shoud think about getting some. They are the most comfortable shoes ever and so very warm. www.crocs.com.
 
We are planning to visit my parents this coming weekend; however, if I don't get my house repairs done, pictures taken, and my homework caught up, we will not be able to go. I am working hard though to get everything done.
 
That's it for now. Love everybody!
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment