Monday, April 19, 2010

A lot of little things...

Dear Friends and Family,

Nothing big this week, but a lot of little things happening. Jimi continued to work on painting the fence; it has turned out to be quite a big job. He also spent time edging and weeding the front yard and I prepared the flower garden. The front yard looks really good.

Jennifer was at the dentist a couple more times last week. She had a semi-annual cleaning and a temporary crown. She is doing much better now that the root canal is done.

 Jimi's been actively studying navigational software. He's learned alot and is really enjoying the learning experience.

I went parent/teacher conferences at the high school Wednesday afternoon; Jenn is doing well in her classes. Afterwards, I attended a parent meeting for graduates in the school auditorium.

Jimi and I took Miller for a moonlight stroll in the middle of the week. It was a peaceful evening and all three of us enjoyed the serenity. We again played pool at the moose lodge on Tuesday and Friday nights, which seems to have become our default "get out of the house" activity.

Jimi is assisting our friend, Matt train for a 26 mile marathon he will run in May. He dropped Matt off in Boulder on Thursday and Matt ran back to Longmont. He ran 14.2 miles in about three hours. They will do more training this week.

I finished my first painting with acrylic paints. It was more difficult than I had imagined and though it is recognizable, I'm not so happy with the outcome and will probably keep it under wraps. Ha-ha

I also painted my first painting with oil paints. I look at it and critique it thinking of things that could make it better and then I tell myself- 'it's my first painting', which makes it perfect. I took a picture of it for you to see.


 Miller was feeling a bit under the weather over the weekend, so we stayed close to home. We are keeping a close eye on him and are hoping he will come out of it soon.

Daniel went to his Jr Prom this past weekend. Here are a couple of pictures for you.




Jennifer and I bowled the final games for her online class. She has completed her lessons and now must study for her final exam. As long as she passes this online bowling class, she will be able to graduate with her class. Don't be fooled - the written part of this class is somewhat difficult. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her.

All is well. Have a wonderful week!!

Love everybody,
Lorie & JImi

No comments:

Post a Comment