Monday, September 27, 2010

Happy Hour

Hello Friends and Family,

Ok, where to begin this week.... as it has been lately, my days were occupied with Cencorp. Working remotely is going very well: cutting daily invoices, processing daily banking, cutting and mailing checks, along with many more miscellaneous things. I'm not sure the people in McAllen agree, since there isn't another person in the office to help man things there.

Jimi tries to keep busy and for the most part, he does; however, there are times he finds himself somewhat bored.

We wondered over to the Moose on Monday evening to join in on the pool tournament, but we were late. We thought they began at 7pm, but it was really 6pm. We stayed and played a few games on our own and then went back home.

Wednesday night we went to the Red Zone and played about nine games of pool. My skills have not improved lately; however, Jimi's have and he is doing very well - leaving me in the dust. Ha-ha.

Thursday morning I learned that my long time friend, Bill, and his wife Sylvia would be coming through town that evening. I was ecstatic to see them. Unfortunately, it turned out that they got in a little too late for me to meet them. Our meeting location was about an hour away, which would have been fine if it had not been during Denver rush hour traffic. If you have never been through Denver rush hour you may wonder what I was talking about. I'll just say you sit in a dead stop on the interstate for a very long time- not fun. I told Bill and Sylvia the next time they come through the area we will try again.

Jimi and I climbed Mt Sanitas in Boulder by moonlight. It was incredible. We began our journey up the mountain about 9pm and were back at the car about 11:45pm. It's already exhilarating to climb any mountain, but to do it by only the light of the moon is absolutely an experience not the miss.

Friday we had two showings on the house, but have not heard of any interest yet.

Friday night was happy hour at Brad and Ellens. It was the last one for the year. I was happy to see faces I haven't seen in quite a while and happy to meet some new ones. We had an absolute blast. We spent the night and the next day we went to breakfast, visited the HAM radio store in Denver and got back home about 5pm.

Our realtor held an open house while we were in Denver on Saturday. We haven't heard of any feedback, but are still hopeful.

Saturday night and Sunday were saved for vegging. Jimi purchased nearly all of the HAM radio equipment we need for the boat. He got some smokin deals off ebay. As soon as rest of the units arrive, he can set it up here for testing. It's exciting for him.

Love Everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment