Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas is coming.....

Hello all,

We had a fabulously busy week. Jimi painted all the ceiling fans on the main level of the house to give them a more modern look and a less 70's look. It really helped. He also painted the kitchen cupboards, repaired a few wall cracks in the plaster painting over those, and did some other painting projects

Jimi and Matt had a awesome day on Tuesday snow shoeing in the mountains. Jimi was also able to get a few back country snowboarding runs in.

Rest of our evenings during the week consisted of preparing for Jenn's visit, Christmas, and relaxing with movies. A couple of movies we watched were Toy Story and Cole Minors Daughter.

On Friday, we waited at the airport for 45 minutes or so watching for Jenn in her camo and finally we saw her coming up the escalator. I think I embarrassed her a little. When I saw her, I began jumping up and down (slightly) and hollered "there she is". Jimi immediately began snapping pictures like the paparazzi. I waved my hands in the air screaming her name with uncontrollable excitement and motioned for her to come to us, but she smiled, lowered her head, and went the other way. Ha-ha. Jimi and I ran over to her and gave her the biggest hugs. She looked great! We got some grub at Chipotle and then went home to visit. Jenn was asleep before 8pm and then awake at 5:30am the next morning.

I made breakfast for all on Saturday morning before Jenn and I headed our for an all day mother daughter adventure. We went to the nail salon, did a bunch of window shopping, saw the movie "How Do You Know" and then got goods for baking at the grocery store. She was again in bed early and early to rise on Sunday.

I baked Puppy Chow and Peanut Butter Kiss cookies in the morning. That afternoon, as I was working on a homemade Christmas gift when I sliced a big chunk from my left index finger. It took an an hour for it to quit bleeding and even when we unwrapped it to clean in this morning, it began bleeding again. Jimi quickly wrapped it back up again. It will have to stay wrapped until it seals itself. I probably need a stitch or two, but that isn't going to happen. It's quite difficult to do things without using that finger - Ugh - but I'm managing.

Anyhow, that's it for now. We are finalizing things for Christmas and our trip to Nebraska this week.


Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment