Monday, February 25, 2008

This week's focus was Get-R-Done!

 


Hello All,


 


I thought the week was going to be pretty boring, but it turns out that it was quite eventful. My email is long, so I hope you don't find it too boring. I am amazed myself at how much we accomplished, and yet I don't feel like it was a hectic week. In fact, I was relaxed and things seemed to go pretty smoothly.


 


Jennifer worked a pretty full week. She was scheduled to work Tuesday, Thursday, Friday nights, and a double on Saturday.


 


Daniel and I met with his probation officer on Tuesday (regular monthly meeting). She said that as soon as he completes a petty theft class, gets his fines/court costs paid, and continues to stay out of trouble he will be completely off probation. She would like to see this happen by June. I was surprised since he was given two years. But, she said it is common to get off early with good behavior. Daniel earned all the money in Wyoming to pay his fees/court costs. He gave it to his dad so Jim could write a check to the courts, but it didn't happen. I talked to Jim about it and we are counting on him to replenish the money by the end of April. Daniel goes in front of the judge on April 30th, and it would look really good if he had everything completed.


 


Tuesday night Daniel went to Jesse's house. I stayed home mostly doing homework, and talked to Mike Reasoner on the phone for a while. Jennifer did not get off work until 11pm ugh, I waited outside the restaurant for 45 minutes. I forgot to set my alarm and didn't wake up until 6:07am on Wednesday. I'm not sure how, but still managed to get to school and work on time.


 


I couldn't go to crochet on Wednesday night, because we had to be at the school to register Jennifer for her Junior year. That was kind of exciting, huh? Wednesday, I purchased tickets for the Grand Ole Opry show in Nashville on March 15th. Sounds like Carrie Underwood and Little Big Town are going to be there, as well as some others I have never heard of.


 


Thursday had a bit of excitement. As I was dropping the kids off at school, Ray's mother, Nancy, called Jennifer to tell her that Ray was in the ER. Something was wrong with his elbow. I wasn't real clear at the time, but it was serious. I dropped Jennifer off at the hospital and went on to work. Jennifer did not go to school or work that day. She spent the entire day at the hospital with Nancy and Ray. Ray finally went into surgery around 5pm.  Jennifer slept in Longmont with Nancy, as Ray had to spend the night in the hospital.


After work, I picked Daniel up and we went home. Earlier that day, I enrolled Daniel in a driver's education class, so he spent the evening working on that. It is a 30 hour class, and Daniel is determined to have it done by the end of this week. I did homework, and by the end of the evening I had all my assignments (except one) done for the week (which didn't end until Sunday). Jimi came over for the night and worked on his photos.


 


Friday was a normal day at work. And Friday evening Jennifer went to work, and then spent the night at the hospital with Ray. He's pretty sick with something called "MRSA". He got it from wrestling. It is a superbug. Or in other words a highly contagious internal staff infection. Evidently it resists antibiotics and very difficult to get rid of. Daniel hung out with his friend Jesse. Jimi came over with a movie, which seems to be our Friday night ritual lately. My brother-in-law, Lyle, came to town for a toy show in Loveland, so he spent the night at my house and watched the movie with us. And guess what? I didn't work on any homework during the movie. Yeah!!


 


Saturday morning we cooked breakfast, cleaned house, and did laundry. Jimi took my car, Miller, Daniel, and Jesse rock climbing in the mountains. I really wanted to go to, but had to work on my essay and get Jenn to work. I took Jennifer to work at noon, and then went to the library to work on my time travel essay. I chose to do it on a comparison of cats from the ancient Egyptian culture and modern U.S. cats. I picked Jennifer up at 3 for her break. We ran a couple of errands and then went to the hospital to visit Ray for a bit. Jimi and the boys also came to the hospital to visit Ray, and as they were going through the parking lot looking for a spot some lady backed into my car. I have no damage, but the ladies bumper was a bit messed up. The lady was pissed and claimed that it was Jimi's fault, because he should be watching for people backing out of the parking spots.I think the police were on her side, but couldn't do anything because technically Jimi had the right of way. (that's what they told us) They did not issue any citations either.


That evening we stayed in Longmont. I worked on my essay, Jenn was back at work, and Daniel and Jimi watched TV.


 


Jennifer ended up working on Sunday to make up for the time she missed on Thursday. Nancy and Reuben (Ray's parents) toted her back and forth between the hospital and work. Ray had to have another surgery on his elbow. Daniel, Jimi, and I went snowboarding. They went on the double black runs (that's the hardest there is on the resort slopes). Even though Daniel hurt his ankle, he had lots of fun. I bruised my left knee with a couple of falls; it is very sensitive and somewhat swollen, but I stayed on my usual slope trying to learn to do turns, and I did them. It was a breakthrough. When Jimi came to get me, we went down together so I could show him. It was awesome! Another day of this and I can advance to a bigger run. Practice, practice, practice - that's all it is. I'm not over the hurdle yet, but on my way. After snowboarding I took a nap and rested. We watched a movie and then headed for home about 9pm. I didn't even pick up a school book, which felt a little wierd like I was missing something, but also felt good.


 


I thought you might like an update on how each class is going. They are going o.k.


I hate my math class, and I do not know why. I think it is just because I don't care about what I am doing in it. My grades could be much better, but I don't study or anything. I just do the assignments and takes the tests. Actually, I don't do all of the assignments, I only do the ones that have to be turned in. I think I am holding a B.


I love my philosophy class. I have a lot of work each week in this class, but I love the interactive discussions analyzing ethics and morals. I haven't done too well on the tests, but I never have done well on tests.


My humanities class is o.k. Some weeks I like it and some weeks I could do without. It's too "text booky" for me. I have just as much work in that class as I do in philosophy.


I like my English class pretty well. I also have a lot of work in this class each week. It is a mixture of my own thoughts and feelings and text book material. It's not too bad though. I may dread them in the beginning, but I really do enjoy writing the essays.


Looks like I have a not of homework this week.


I wouldn't go as far as to say that I am still sick, but I am not 100% yet either. What ever I have is hanging on by a hang nail. Just enough to be annoying and irritating.


 


Love everyone,


Lorie

No comments:

Post a Comment