Monday, March 3, 2008

Glad that week is over....

Hello All,


I had a very busy and intense work load for school this past week. I was a bit nervous about it in the beginning. And honestly, as the week went by it only became worse each day. I know that life can't always be a bed of roses. I also know that I choose the life style I have and therefore, I try not to complain when things don't go the way I think they should. But it sure as hell helps. LOL


Jennifer worked Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Ray was released from the hospital on Tuesday morning. His case of MRSA has hit the morning news and new papers the Denver/Longmont areas. The school has called and sent a letter out to all the parents regarding the issue. And the school is disinfecting everything they can in the school. I am sad to report that I had some issues with Jennifer over this whole thing. It turns out she was not going to school, but staying at the hospital with Ray all day for two days. We had some words about it, and with Jennifer's temper you can only imagine how that went. Jimi was not happy about her skipping school and she got more than one lecture from him. I really appreciate his help. It is so hard to try to do everything alone without any support. Anyhow, we are over it now, and she is going to school.


I stayed home every night this past week doing homework. Except that two of those night were a waist, as my focus was distracted on the issues with Jennifer and I could not concentrate. I did not go to crochet on Wednesday. We were suppose to go to the Sophomore registration for Daniel, but we didn't do that either. We didn't want to sit through the same boring presentation as we did the week prior, so Jenn went shopping with Ray's mother, Daniel went home, and I went to the library.


I was also supposed to go to Crack Pots to paint a bowl for the annual "Empty Bowls" fund raiser, but I didn't. I chose to stay home to work on homework.


I don't feel my job is going so well either. I stewed about it all day Thursday and Friday. I have completed the required number of hours for Boulder Scientific to be able to hire me, yet NO ONE has mentioned anything to me. Roy, my boss, knows that I am waiting to get hired permanent so I can get the medical insurance. I don't get the warm fuzzies and feel he is only keeping me around because he has no one else. I sent a lengthy email to a few of my friends, who I felt would give me an honest opinion asking what I should do. I got some good responses some of which were the same and some different. I still have not decided what I will do.


Jimi and I talked about going to the Longmont Theatre Company to see One Flew Over the CooCoo's Nest on Friday night, but chose to hang out at the house again. Which was fine with me. We made sloppy joes together for dinner and watched Part 1 and Part 2 of the Lonesome Dove series on DVD.


Saturday morning we woke up and made biscuits and gravy together for breakfast. Cleaned house and did some laundry. I took Jennifer to work at noon, then met Jimi at his house. We went on a 3 hour motorcycle ride up the mountains and back. It was a wonderful reprieve. We picked Jennifer up for her break from work and went to Dairy Queen for ice cream. Then we took Jenn back to work and we went to the coffee shop. Jimi surfed the web, while I did math homework (YUCK)!


My cats essay was due at noon on Sunday, and I had not worked on it. So, everyone had to wait on me to finish it before we could go snowboarding. We finally got to Eldora about 1pm. It was cold, snowing, and blowing. Up on the lift my face was frozen. As usual, I got hurt again. Evidently there was ice stuck to the bottom of my board and I didn't know it or even know that it was bad. First my leg got caught between the chair and ground going up the lift because my board would not slide. Second, when I stood up to get off the lift my board would not move and the chair pushed me over causing me to tumble into a pile of mess twisting and pulling my leg/ankle. Jimi got the ice off my board for me and I made it down the hill just fine, but was too cold (my face was frozen) and too nervous to get back on the lift. I went to the car for about 10 minutes. Then I took the camcorder and filmed Jimi and Daniel for two runs.


Sunday night I took Jennifer to a really nice restaurant for some mother-daughter time. We went to a place called The Melting Pot. It is a fondue restaurant. We had a 4 course meal. The first course was the appetiser. We chose a cheese fondue. The second course was a salad. The third course was a variety of meats and vegetables, which we cooked on our table in a fondue pot. Dessert was the all time best though. We chose the simple milk chocolate fondue with strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, pound cake, rice crispy treats, marshmallows, and brownies. Jennifer indulged in two virgin strawberry daiquiris. In the beginning, the waiter was hitting on Jennifer. He kept asking her is she wanted anything from the bar and then thought she was a college student. It was entertaining. Jimi said it was a good thing he wasn't there, cuz he would have told that pervert where he could go. I got a kick out of it. He-he


By the time we got home I could barely walk on my left ankle. Jennifer brought me some ibuprofen and put me to bed. And here we are again back to Monday morning.


I am so behind on my work with Cencorp. I'm wondering if they are very happy with me too. I know that what I really need to do is cut down on my weekend social life, but I keep telling myself that I can do it all. I am superwoman, right?


My week doesn't look too bad as far an homework goes. I should be able to stay home every night, except I plan to go to crochet this Wednesday. My house is messy and will try to clean it providing I can walk. And I plan on getting a bunch of stuff caught up with Cencorp tonight and this week.


By the way, Razor, Molly(dog), and Molly(cat) are all doing very well. Here is a pic Jimi took of the dogs. I have also included a picture of Ray and Jennifer.


Mom, Dad, Marie, and Auntie M: FYI - Jimi and I are talking about planning a weekend visit in May. It would most likely be sometime between May 12th and Memorial Day. Nothing set in stone yet.


Well that's about it for now.


Love Everyone and talk to you later,


No comments:

Post a Comment