Sunday, June 29, 2008

No food for 3 days

Hello Everyone,


Well, I'm not sure what has gotten in to me the past two weeks – but again I have had a wonderful week – with the exception of some spurts of boredom and one evening of mild depression.


I already told you that Daniel left for Arizona on Monday morning. So, Monday evening Jennifer and I had a mother-daughter night out. We went to dinner and then went shopping. We hit some incredible deals at Kohls. I bought two summer dresses, two shirts for work, and three summer spaghetti shirts for $60. Jennifer was not as conservative with  my money, but she got some much needed articles of clothing and it was well worth it. After shopping, we surprised Jimi with Dairy Queen.


Tuesday night we stayed home. I cleaned my house, which is how it will stay until Daniel comes home again. He-he. Oh ya, we also went to the grocery store and stocked our cupboards and fridge.


Wednesday night Jimi came over. We cooked corn and brats on the grill,  played horseshoes, and spent some quality time together before his trip.


Thursday morning Jimi left for ten days. He went on his annual "Great Adventure" with our friends from Texas. This year they are riding their bikes east across the southern states. He send me a text message every time they stop so I can track him on the map. And of course he calls me at least once a day.


Friday morning I started the lemonade cleansing. For the next 10 days, I will not eat a bite of solid food, coffee, soda, or anything except this special mixture of water, maple syrup, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. It will cleanse and rid my body of built up waste and toxins, which can be the root of back paid and other ailments. I'm not so certain that I will do the whole ten days. It is recommended for 10 to 40 days. But, I want to be able to go to dinner with Jimi when he gets home; although I know that I can go to dinner with him any other time; therefore, I am going to play it by ear.


Friday night I hauled all my yard sale stuff to Jimi's and slept there. Jennifer was in Lyons with her friends for the annual town festival. About bed time I got really down, but I called my sister and she cheered me up.


Saturday Jada and I had a very slow yard sale at Jimi's house. Between four people we made $171. My share was $50. Nothing like the last one. I sent most rest of my stuff to the Humane Society Thrift Store.


Sunday I stayed home all day and got lots of things done. I made to scrapbook pages, pulled weeds, worked on my bathroom and stairs, shampooed the kitchen carpet, did all the laundry, and many other smaller miscellaneous things. Jennifer's new friend Jerome came over and spent the day with her.


It is Sunday night now and I have not had a bite of food for more than 72 hours. I feel really good. I don't feel hungry at all, but I do have occasional habit cravings. Once in a while I catch myself reaching for something Jennifer has sitting out like a potato chip and then I realize that I can't have anything. Otherwise all is well.


Well that's all for now. Another week come and gone.


Love Everyone,


No comments:

Post a Comment