Monday, July 21, 2008

Jimi's Great Adventure

Hello Everybody,


I have a lot to report this week, although you may find the details somewhat boring. I will try to keep it short.


It's been 10 days since I have had anything to eat. I have to say that I have gotten more done and feel better than ever. My energy level has been elevated and my motivation magnified. I have lost roughly 10+ lbs of mostly inside weight and some outside weight. Yesterday I started drinking orange juice, which will jump start my digestive system so I can eat solid food again. It will still be a day or two before I can eat solid foods, but I sure am looking forward to chewing something. LOL. I have stayed true to my light exercise program of walking a minimum of 30 minutes per day and doing 50 sit ups every morning.


As I mentioned last week Jimi was on his motorcycle trip all week. He kept me updated on his wareabouts, which I thought you might like to know where all he went.

Thursday 6/26- Left Mead around 10am: rode 535 miles and spent the night in Memphis, TX

Friday 6/27- Rode 340 miles and arrived at the Mayo's house in Waco, TX around 2:30pm

Saturday 6/28- Jimi and the Mayo's left about 6:30am: rode 423 miles and camped in Baton Rouge, LA

Sunday 6/29- Rode 385 miles from Baton Rouge, LA to Panama City, FL. and camped for the night

Monday 6/30- Rode 415 miles and camped in Savannah, GA.

Tuesday 7/1- Rode 226 miles from Savannah, GA to Myrtle Beach, SC, where they camped for the night.

Wednesday 7/2- The guys sat on the beach and drank beer all day and camped another night at Myrtle Beach, SC

Thursday 7/3- Rode roughly 500 miles to the tennessee border and camped in the Great Smokey Mountains. Jimi said this was probably the best out of the whole trip.

Friday 7/4- Jimi broke away from the guys about 5:30pm in Corinth, MS to head home. He drove until 2:30 am and slept for two hours in Columbia, MO.

Saturday 7/5- Stopped at 2:45pm in Hays, KS to rest and let his bike tire cool. Began riding again after a few hours and stopped for the night somewhere in CO at 11:30pm

Sunday 7/6 - Arrived home at 8:00 am!!!

As you can imagine he has lots of stories to talk about. He mentioned all the bugs - I remember all the bugs in the south - YUCK! He also talked about the cops swarming in on them - but no trouble though, thank goodness.And a racoon who ate their food. He said he slept really good every night, so good that the bugs were eating him alive. He is covered in bug bites. Anyhow, the trip was a success and he had a great time.

Most of my week was the usual: I worked at Crocs Monday through Thursday. I worked for Cencorp Monday and Wednesday nights. I nearly finished my bathroom - finally. I have some cocking to do, Jimi will mount the sink and cock it for me and install the ceiling light fixture. Once that is finished I can be done until I decide to finish the washer/dryer area of the bathroom. I also almost finished putting wood flooring on the stairs. About all I have left is the stair nosing and trim, which will be time consuming.


Friday, Jennifer and I went to Water World. We had a bunch of fun just for the two of us. We had lots of guys checking us out, which was fun. Although we both mentioned that we wished Daniel and Jimi were with us, we still had a good time. Friday night, I cleaned Jimi's house, did laundry, and washed the curtains and linens for him. Once dark, Jennifer and I went down to the golf course and watched the fire works. Afterwards, Jennifer went with her friends and I went back to Jimi's. I made a fleece blanket for Jennifer and then went to bed.


Saturday morning, I got up early and cleaned the inside of Jimi's truck for him. Then Jennifer and I went home. I mowed the front and back yard, pulled weeds, and cleaned the garage. I then rearranged and organized all the cupboards and pantry of my kitchen and cleaned house - which it really wasn't dirty. It's been clean ever since Daniel went to Arizona, but I still find things to clean. Saturday afternoon, Jennifer and I took Miller and went to the mountains for a short hike. It was a gorgeous day. We sat on the rocks to relax and just enjoyed nature. That night I bumbed around the house: always busy! and Jennifer's girlfriend, Nicki, came over for the night.


Sunday morning, I bumbed around the house. I was very emotional and depressed all day. I hate it when I get like that and I don't know why. The past few weeks have been so good that this one kind of hit me hard. I'm still feeling low even today, but I know it will pass.


Hope everone is doing well! Talk to you soon.

Love Everybody,


No comments:

Post a Comment