Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy 2009 New Year

Hello Everybody,

The Holidays are over and life can resume to what we know as normal. I trust that you had a beautiful Christmas and rang in a festive New Year.

I did not take last week off work, as I wanted to save my vacation time for our summer trip to California. I worked at Crocs most of the week and for Cencorp a little nearly everyday. We also managed to spend a lot of time with Jennifer and Daniel.

Monday night the four of us went to the Colorado Avelanche hockey game. They played the Nashville Preditors winning 5 to 1. It was an awesome game, as the Aves were on fire.


Tuesday evening Jennifer and I went to Jester's Dinner Theatre. The play was the Charles Dickens classic "The Christmas Carol"; also known as "Scrooge" and very well done. The food was good too. We had a nice mother daughter time. Jimi and Daniel hung out at the house with frozen pizza and pop.

On Wednesday Daniel and Jimi went to Boondocks Fun Center, where they played laser tag, raced go-carts, played video games, miniture golf, and hit baseballs in the batting cage. Jennifer and I went shopping for much needed apparel: jeans, socks, underwear, etc. We had fun trying on clothes and shopping. That evening  we met Brad and Ellen for dinner and drinks at Gorden Beirsch's in Superior. They headed home around 10pm, but we stayed just a little longer. When we did finally leave, we dropped Jennifer off at her friends house and got back home just in time for the new year to arrive. Jimi, Daniel, and I sat in the hot tub before calling it a night.

Thursday morning was a slow start; however, I got up and made french toast, sausage, and eggs for breakfast. Jimi had a bit of a hangover, so I insisted he rest. I cleaned house, put away the christmas tree and decorations, and did laundry. That evening I made supper and chocolate chip cookies. The four of us each had a hand in making a ginigerbread house. It turned out really cute; here is a picture.


On Friday Jimi, Daniel, and I went snowboarding at Eldora Ski Resort. It was our first time going this season. The snow was not good at all and I did not have much of a taste for it, so I only did 2 runs. The boys also thought the snow sucked, but tore up the black slopes. Jennifer spent her last day with her friends. That evening we had pizza and lost ANOTHER game of monopoly to Jimi. We had a bit of a scare with Jennifer when she verbally refused to get on the plane back to Arizona.

Saturday morning I dropped Jennifer and Daniel off at the airport at 7am and then I had to go into work. I worked the whole day, and that evening Jimi took me to a very nice resturaunt for dinner in the Omni Resort Hotel. We enjoyed the kids' visit, but celebrated by cherishing our time alone.

And again on Sunday we hibernated in the house spending time together, as well as doing our own thing.

All in all, it was a good week. The holidays are over and we will turn our focus to a more serious nature of work and school.

We hope all is well and until next time.....
Love Everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment