Monday, March 23, 2009

All kinds of emotions;

Hello Friends and Family,


 


I am excited that my son Daniel arrived Saturday for a week, sad that Jimi left for a week, and disappointed that my daughter has decided school is not important.


 


Monday evening I went to the Longmont Moose lodge to play pool again. Tuesday I purchased a refrigerator for my rental house, and then headed directly for the bar to celebrate St Patrick's Day. Jimi had class, but drank of beers with us before class and then returned after class for more. We stayed at the Red Zone until 9pm and then walked down the street to Mike O'Shays. After a couple more Guinness’s, we went home at 11pm. It was so much fun. We enjoyed the company of several friends from work and their friends.


 


Many of you might be interested to hear that Jim Sullivan got married on St. Patty's Day to a gal named Brandy, a real estate agent. He met her in Kingman, AZ and she moved to Boise, ID with him. They have been together for approximately 5 months.


 


Jimi spent the day on Thursday getting ready for his 10 day trip to Utah over his spring break and then we went to dinner Thursday evening. He left at 5am on Friday morning, focusing his trip on photography. He will have to do some 4-wheeling and a lot of hiking to get to the areas he wants to shoot. We will hear more of the details upon his return.


 


I spent Friday evening and Saturday working around the house: I lit all the candles, turned on a couple of movies and enjoyed my Lorie time. I picked my son up from the airport Saturday at 6:15pm. I was so excited to see him. We went to the Crocs Warehouse sale in Longmont, than picked up pizza and a movie. 


 


I do not like reporting bad news or sounding negative, but I will tell you that we are having problems with Jennifer. She's not going to school as she should. I realize it could be worse, so I will try to remain positive. We have put some conditions into place and have taken away some privileges, but what can we do with a child who is a few weeks away from turning eighteen?. With Jimi’s help and support (and against Jennifer’s willpower) I am working to get her back on track. I will keep you posted on how things are going.


 


Sunday morning Daniel and I went snowboarding. We had so much fun: going up and down the mountain, some serious and some goofing around. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and the snow was a nice soft slush. Rest of the day, Daniel helped me cut a bunch of trim for the stairs of my rental house, remove the seats of my dining room chairs, so I could wash them, he played Grand Theft Auto on Xbox, we took Miller for a walk and then vegged in front of the boob toob. We also build me a balancing board, moved some things to the basement, and made Daniel a crawler track for his RC car (that he is buying this week). Daniel and I have a lot of plans in the week ahead.


 


Update on Jimi’s whereabouts:


He called Friday morning at noon just arriving in Moab. He was heading to Cigarette Springs and then to Snowy Flat on Saturday night. He didn't think he would get any signal and said I should hear from him Sunday night or Monday morning at the latest. It was a treat when I got a phone call from him on Saturday night. He said things were going very well and he was getting some good pictures. I heard from him again on Sunday night, but Sunday had not been so successful. He sounded disappointed and tired. He was heading to Hole in the Rock Road: Zebra Canyon, Neon Canyon, and then Peek-a-Boo Canyon. He said he would call me Wednesday.


 


I am expecting this coming week to be good. I am real excited to spend time with Daniel, and Jimi should come home with some really good pictures to share. We hope you enjoy your week as well!


 


Love Everybody,


Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment