Monday, June 22, 2009

Yard Sale, Jazz, and Mountain Hiking

Hello Friends & Family,
We spent the beginning of last week getting back in the groove. Jimi  finished up some freelance work. I  caught up on laundry, cleaned the house, and did payroll for Cencorp.
We have been without internet for more than a week and realized just how dependent on it we are. Even if we didn’t need it the whole idea that we didn’t have it was complete torture. It seems that everything we do revolves around the internet from the weather report, tv guide and movie database, emails, online publications, and more. As of today, we have internet again; we are quite thankful and life is wonderful. :-)
One evening last week we took Miller for his usual walk and got caught in some grape size hale. We were under cover; it was really cool to watch the hale coming down around us. Every once in a while one of the guys would go out to collect some samples.  It didn’t last long and then we were back on the trail.
Friday we took our little sail boat out on the lake for the first time this season. The wind was up and down; however, we got some good practice in with jibbing and tacking. That evening we took the LTD out and had a really nice dinner at our favorite sushi and Thai place called Zo’s. About bedtime Jimi’s longtime friend, Matt, arrived from Detroit to stay for a two week visit.
On Saturday we had a yard sale, which had been planned for a few months. We were lucky enough to dodge the rain. The weather was cool as the sun stayed behind the clouds. The turnout was not as good as we had hoped but between the two of us, we earned over $150 and got rid of quite a bit of stuff; therefore not complaining. That evening we took Matt to our favorite Jazz place in Denver called El Chapultepec. It was a laid back evening to a tiring yard sale day. Sitting just listening to the jazz music was really nice.
We tried to hike up to Lake Isabel on Sunday, but had to turn around about a quarter of the way up because the snow had not melted enough. It was packed down, slippery, and our footing was unpredictable.  Jennifer and Matt were having a hard time staying up right – Ha-ha (Lol).

It was back to work for me on Monday, while rest of the gang went river rafting in Lyons. Tonight we are sitting around the fire pit enjoying each other’s company while I write this email.
I have to work all week, but the gang has big plans to keep their days adventurous. All is well and life is good.
Love everybody,
Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment