Monday, July 6, 2009

Awesome Independence (Happy 4th)

Hello All,

 This week was awesome, but the weekend had to be the most incredible weekend ever! It began Friday morning and we had a blast.

Daniel had his first of three driving classes (required by the state in order to get his license) last Tuesday. We then met some of my friends at Old Chicago's for dinner and then all ended up back at our house around the fire pit. I retired early, but rest of the gang had a blast hanging out. Fun times!

 Jimi and I took an hour to ourselves Wednesday evening driving the LTD to Boulder and back.

Thursday evening Jimi got a new tattoo. It is a nautical star located on his back between his shoulder blades. I really like it.


 My parents sent me a waterproof housing for my camera (for my birthday) and it arrived in the mail on Thursday. It is super neat and arrived just in time for our white water rafting trip on Friday. 
The rafting trip was really neat. I thought it was going to be scarier than it was. The rapids were up to a level 4+. It was great. By the time we got home, the Mayo family from Texas were there. You can figure that we were up late that night. We sat around the fire pit getting caught up and visiting. The Mayo's passed the guitar around singing to us all. I was really cool.


The Mayo's are a group of guys whom Jimi rides his motorcycle with for one week every year. The trip is called the "great adventure". And really all they do is set a course and ride their motorcycles. The group consists of the father, John Mayo and his sons, Corey, Jake, Johnny, and Billy, as well as Robert, a long time family friend, and Jimi. Jimi and I worked with Corey at Cencorp for about 10 years. This year Jake and Robert were unable to make the trip.


To celebrate the fourth, we barbecued Saturday afternoon and then went to the Red Rocks Amphitheatre in Morrison, Colorado for a concert. We saw comedian Louis Black (we were not impressed with him), a blues band called Black Joe Lewis, who was quite enjoyable, and the main event The Blues Travelers who was awesome. The best part was while the Blues Travelers played we could see at least three dozen sets of fireworks going off over Denver behind the stage of the amphitheatre. It was mesmerizing. I will never forget it.


We went to Lucille's for breakfast on Sunday and then the guys left. Jennifer and I spent the entire day cleaning, organizing and cleaning again. Jennifer scrubbed the kitchen for me. You name it, we did it and the house looks like a completely different place. Jennifer and I watched the movie "He's Just Not That in to You". It was good.


The week was good, but the weekend was incredible. This week will be much quieter for a change; however, busy because we have a lot going on. It will go by fast and before I know it Jimi will be back home.


I have attached some pictures for you to enjoy.


HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY TO EVERYONE!!


Love Everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment