Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Whoo-hoo - 4 Wheelin


Hello all,

This week was a bit more settled and relaxed than the last few. Nothing special or out of the ordinary happened. I worked at Crocs, worked a bunch for Cencorp, and worked on homework.

My homework began piling up even though I work on it diligently. I had to continue working on my short story, complete a midterm essay in addition to daily discussion board responses, and do the weekly assignments. The midterm is done and turned in and the short story is coming along nicely. All is well.

Jimi finally found tires for his truck. Wednesday night he tested them out when he and Matt went 4-wheelin in Left Hand Canyon. Tracy and I scrap booked.

Jimi and I camped on Thursday night, also doing some 4-wheelin just to get to our camp spot. The fire was nice looking out over Boulder, Longmont, and surrounding areas. We were on to of the mountain, which goes through Left Hand Canyon. It was a beautiful sight at night. Again we got some really good pictures, but I have not had time to look at them. I've got ALLOT of scrap booking to catch up on, but it will have to wait. Here is one of the pictures we took.


Jimi had a lunch meeting on Friday to place some photography in a coffee shop in Boulder. It was my last Friday off for summer hours at Crocs and I spent the entire day working for Cencorp.

Saturday morning we headed back to Left Hand Canyon's shooting area where we shot off about six clips from my 9mm. I didn't do as well this time as I did last time. Jimi did pretty good. We spent most rest of the day 4-wheelin in Rollins Pass. This is a super awesome place. We really had a good time driving around, a little bit of hiking and exploring. We actually drove the Jenny Creek Trail twice. Here is a picture of the truck on the crux; however, it doesn't do the trail justice.


Sunday's wind forecast called for nice 11 mile an hour winds at noon getting up to about 19 mph in the evening. We thought it was the perfect opportunity to do some sailing. Turns out that once we got onto the lake there was no wind. We spent a while floating around and about the time we got to the dock and decided to load the winds came up, which made docking with full sails somewhat challenging. I'm not sure why we didn't decide to just stay out, but it was pretty crowded and the weather was taking a turn for the worse.

Jimi has been a bit under the weather with a sore throat. I've encouraged him to stay down and rest, but he gets too bored and must find something to do. He purchased a commercial espresso maker from a coffee shop a week or so ago with the intention of reselling it; however, has since decided to install it in our kitchen. He has had to extend the counter top for it to sit on and will hard wire the water and electric in. The project is coming along; we are hoping to be functional by the end of the week.

Things are really changing at Crocs for me. I am really busy all day long and it is going to get worse as they implement a new POS system.

That's all for now folks. Hope all is well with you.

Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment