Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome 2011

Dear Friends and Family,

After getting home from Nebraska last Sunday, it was back to work for me. Jennifer continued to use her time to relax and hangout with her friends. She was able to visit with her grandparents in Loveland, had lunch with her Uncle and spent New Years with her 'bo' Dustin.

Jimi bought a book titled "This Old Boat" and spent a great deal of time reading it. It is about 'do it yourself' boat repair, which is going to be extremely handy for us. He says the book is very detailed and a great investment.

I worked on finishing our 2010 scrapbook, photographing the pages, and uploading them to our Totem. Check it out by clicking the link. http://dogbonegraphics.com/blog/?page_id=1729

Jimi and I spent another New Years with our good friend Vicki and her new boyfriend, Jason. And as always when we are with Vicki, we had a fantastic time. We spent the first day of 2011 by going to breakfast at Lucille's, and then laying around the house.











Sunday night we had dinner with Jackie, Shawn, and Dustin. For more than six years, Shawn, Jimi, and I worked together at Cencorp. And I've know Jackie since our children were in elementary school. It had been a while since we've seen them and it was great catching up again.

Over the last month or so, Jimi and I have watched all six Harry Potter movies and found them quite good. Jimi hasn't seen the newest one yet, but hopes to soon.

It got very cold here with sub zero temperatures. We barely even wanted to go outside, much less drive in it and with that said, as much as I will miss Jimi, I am so happy to be in Texas. :-) Jennifer and I left at 4:30am Monday Morning flying together to Dallas, Texas. Jenn then got on a flight to Atlanta and I to McAllen. Next time we see Jenn it will be at her Basis Training Graduation on February 17th. Keep the letters going to her. And though she has little time to write back, she appreciates receiving the letters. I will be in Texas for three weeks this trip. Jimi has a few things planned to keep himself busy.





I suppose that's all for now. Happy 2011!

Love everybody,

Lorie & Jimi

No comments:

Post a Comment